The Global Banking and Markets Chief Operating Office (COO) organization has groups aligned to both specific lines of business and centralized functions. Our team is dedicated to understanding the unique complexity of each of our businesses and ensuring the business operates efficiently to meet our strategic goals.
Within a group, summer analysts help with a variety of new initiatives, projects and normal business tasks. Your training and development is our top priority with extensive formal training offered at the start of the program in addition to on the job support, educational speaker events and mentorship throughout. As a summer analyst, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Work on several projects at once and be effective as an individual and as part of a team
- Developing and maintaining complex spreadsheets
- Document collection and review, including deal files and other legally required documentation.
- Performing various analyses, including operational loss analysis, reporting gap analysis.
- Communication and interaction with team members
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university, and should be in their penultimate or final year of study
- Fluency in English is essential, and a second European language may also be required for some roles. For some roles fluency in Russian, Arabic or Mandarin is essential to support the Global Banking and Markets business area and the activities of the division and managing international client relationships
- Applications are accepted from a diverse range of degree disciplines
- Strong A-level grades and on track for a minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent)
- Must demonstrate a track record of superior performance in extracurricular and professional activities
- Fluency in English is essential and a second European language may also be required for some roles
- You'll need to demonstrate drive, innovation and a genuine interest in the industry
- Team-working, leadership and problem-solving skills, plus creativity are key qualities, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and interact with a variety of people
- Must have advanced Excel and PowerPoint skill
- Strategic and creative thinking; distinguished written and oral communications skills
- Assertiveness, initiative, leadership, strong work ethic, team focus
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibilities
- Demonstrates Accountability and Productivity
- Must have a combination of strong quantitative/analytical skills and attention to detail
- Influences decisions and outcomes through effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team environment to achieve goals and deliverables
- Demonstrates integrity and ethics by earning other’s trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions
Our Commitment to Conduct and Environmental, social and governance (ESG)
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
Analyst Internship and Full time recruiting takes place on a rolling basis once applications open. Assessments often begin before the deadline, so its best to submit your application early.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.