At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptional talent, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It is as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
About the role
The AWS Tech U Program is an accelerated career development program for new graduates who want to advance their skills and help customers design flexible and resilient cloud-based solutions. This residency program consists of two phases: a six-month academic curriculum followed by three to six months of experiential learning in the field. You will learn from top AWS subject matter experts and get paid while you train for an exciting career in the Tech Industry.
- This program will start in September 2018 and the six-month residency program will be based out of our Madrid, Spain offices. If you excel in this phase, you will be relocated to your Country of origin for the second phase, where you'll work & learn in the field.
Here are some other qualities that we are looking for:
- Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history.” In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large enterprises. Expect to help our customers design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing.
- Are curious and have a passion for learning. The ideal candidate will have a desire to work in the cloud computing industry. You will enjoy building your technical skills as you learn from top subject matter experts and industry thought leaders.
- Undergraduate (to be graduated this year 2018) or graduate degree (minimum bachelor of science degree).
- Fluent in English.
- Must be able to work for 6 months in Madrid, Spain at the beginning of this program, with the potential to relocate to an AWS office in your Country upon successful completion of the training program.
- Academic and practical experience in 3 or more of the following areas: networking, security, storage, database, architecture/infrastructure/OS and web or application development.
- EU citizenship & EU passport.
- Cloud Awareness: Experience implementing a cloud-based technology solution in a school project or while working for a company desired.
- Experience working within the software development or Internet industries is highly desired
- Electrical, Computer, or Networking Engineering, Information Technology, MIS, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics degree preferred.
- Troubleshooting: Experience with QA, testing, helpdesk, IT support, or any technician or quality assurance type work desired.
- Experience managing application stacks from the OS up through custom applications or experience designing or implementing distributed systems, algorithms and relational databases desired
- Knowledge of programming or other scripting languages and coding skills (C/C++/C#, Node.JS, Java, Python, PHP, Ruby) desired.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of Networking, Security, Databases (Relational and/or NoSQL), Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows) desired.
- Experience with one or more of the following domains: systems administration (Linux/Window), network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing), or programming (Node.JS, Java, Ruby, C#, Python, or PHP) desired.
- Working knowledge of AWS services, such as Elastic Compute Cloud, Elastic Block Storage, and Simple Storage Service desired.