This position will report to the Managing Director in Ireland. Vermilion Energy Inc. is preparing to transition from non-operating to operating partnership in the Corrib gas project in Ireland. This exciting project is a strategic, long-term asset that currently supplies more than 60% of Ireland’s gas needs. The sub-sea wells and facilities are tied back with an 83 kilometer pipeline to the Bellanaboy Bridge Gas Terminal in County Mayo, and represents one of the most significant engineering projects ever undertaken in Ireland. Offices are located in Belmullet and Dublin.
We are currently recruiting for key new positions in the transition and operation of the project. As a responsible oil and gas producer, we empower our employees to continuously seek opportunities to add long-term value by operating in an economically, environmentally and socially sustainable manner. As in all of our operations, our priorities for Corrib place safety and environmental stewardship above all else. We care about our stakeholders, including shareholders, staff, partners and suppliers, and communities, and we demonstrate that care every day.
Supported by a strong leadership team, our staff drive a high performing, engaged, collaborative and community-minded culture that is the single most important factor in our success. We have a clear and proven vision for long-term growth. This is your opportunity to be a part of it.
Independently contributing to the depletion strategy of existing assets, optimization, planning and project management, and coordinating with the Company’s operations team, Commercial staff, facility engineers, reservoir engineer, and geologist under the general direction of the Managing Director. Generate more value from our assets and prospects.
This position will assume a Production Engineering role, located in the Dublin office supporting existing production and production enhancement as well as operations optimization opportunities through depletion planning, technical evaluation and opportunity identification of Corrib Asset. Liaising across the other technical disciplines, the key objective is to maximize production and improve overall performance and build asset value, utilizing reservoir and production management to maximize production and gas recovery and create a portfolio of optimization opportunities. The role is also the key liaison with Joint Venture partners on providing accurate production forecasts including planned operational activities.
HSE: Maintain a safe, healthy, and environmentally responsible workplace
- Clear understanding of HSE Leadership (understand and develop relevance to HSE, capability to drive improved HSE performance, being visible and demonstrating HSE behaviors);
- Conduct regular site visits;
- Participate in HSE meetings;
- Participate in ERP exercises;
- Participate in assessment and selection of high risk activity contractors;
- Understand and apply principles/processes contained within local HSE Management System
Regulatory Compliance: Ensure knowledge of and compliance with relevant acts and operating permits
- Understand all relevant acts and operating permits;
- Support submissions to the CRE, CER and EPA for optimization project applications;
- Understand and ensure compliance with work commitments required to retain production licenses;
Operating Procedures: Ensure knowledge of and compliance with Vermilion policies and procedures
- Understand all relevant Vermilion policies and procedures;
Project Management: Ensure major activities are properly planned and resourced
- Ensure scope, timeline, and resources are clearly identified for major projects in workgroup;
- Ensure key milestones, stakeholders, and decision makers are clearly identified;
- Actively track progress of activities against the project plan and ensure adjustments made as required;
- Ensure projects are appropriately documented, following Vermilion sanctioned project forms/DSPs/peer reviews/look backs
Portfolio Management: Maintain production within budgeted/forecasted objectives
- Drive the prioritization and advancement of the portfolio of optimization options to ensure long term production and reserve conversion targets are achieved.
- Maintain a Long Range Plan Associated with the assigned area.
- Present to Executive Management, Government (and authorities), and Partners with respect to future optimization opportunities and production forecasts
Cost Control: Monitor and control expenditures related to production
- Support development of annual budgets for related capital expenditures;
- Responsible for monitoring monthly performance of actual spending vs. plan and explaining variances;
- Identify opportunities for cost improvements
Other Technical Responsibilities:
- With the Geologist and Reservoir Engineer, assess potential for sidetracking and deepening of existing Corrib wells;
- Review with facility engineers value of running the 2 export Solar compressors in parallel to extend the production plateau. Liaise with HSE team to review impact to emissions and support IEL revisions to EPA
- Optimize plans for re-wheel and chiller projects. Review all alternatives to optimize costs and downtime.
- Run project economics for optimization projects
- Conduct presentations to management, partners, and government bodies as required;
- Initiate, monitor and optimize the depletion strategies of the asset;
- With the Reservoir Engineer, manage the reserves process, ensuring accuracy and integrity in the corporate reserves for the Corrib Asset;
- Contribute to the peer review process and ensure all projects are adequately reviewed;
- Develop an understanding of the various operating and partner agreements including JOAs, FOSA, Unit Agreements, and Treatment and Transportation Agreements.
- Support partner communication, reporting, and TCM coordination;
- Monitors daily gas production from individual wells and identify well problems as they develop.
- Identify and participate in the optimization of compression, dehydration and gas gathering network.
- Review production metering and allocation, and maintain an accurate allocation process.
- Develop, maintain and distribute production records, production forecasts, and general well data reports to partners, gas purchasers, gas transporters, and regulatory agencies as required.
Education & Experience:
- +10 years’ experience in Production Engineering related roles with proven track record of driving production growth through optimization and development strategies.
- Relevant Engineering degree (Minimum BSc)
Vermilion is committed to ensuring we conduct our activities in a manner that will protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors and the public. Our HSE vision is to fully integrate Health, Safety and Environment into our business, where our culture is recognized as a model by industry and stakeholders, resulting in a healthy workplace free of incidents. All positions at Vermilion require a commitment to high levels of excellence in respect to HSE, reinforcing our corporate Core Values of Excellence, Trust, Respect, and Responsibility.
Posting Close Date: Until a suitable candidate has been identified
Please forward all applications, cover letters and resumes, to: firstname.lastname@example.org