We’re looking for a passionate and analytical safety support expert to keep our global users safe.
Who We Are
The User Services team develops support solutions at scale in a rapidly changing global environment. We enable users around the world to enjoy Twitter by removing barriers to consumption and highlighting the best of our platform. Within User Services, the User Operations team ensures that Twitter users around the world are well supported, covering a broad scope of issue and user types and multiple languages.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will deliver efficient and high quality safety support to our users in collaboration with our global vendor partners. You will become an expert in all user safety issues that we support, respond to issues and incidents, collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop workflows and roll out training initiatives to large groups of Support Agents while monitoring overall operational trends and improving key metrics.
More specifically, you will:
- Lead the daily support operations and agent workflows across multiple geographies to respond to complex user escalations and reports, especially related to safety on the platform.
- Act as domain expert and point of contact for internal partners and vendor partners to review escalated platform safety and abuse reporting from our users.
- Drive global strategies related to our online platform safety operations, implementing plans and overseeing their execution.
- Create and interpret reports and dashboards to monitor and investigate operational safety abuse trends
- Drive project initiatives to find new and innovative ways to consistently improve response times and support to user escalations
- Manage communication with vendors, including answering questions, providing support and working collaboratively on scaling solutions
- Join the team’s on-call rotation, investigate and resolve high-profile issues thoroughly and turn around any incidents or negative trends in operational work
- Report issues with internal tools to engineering teams and scope out new tooling requests
- Deliver trainings on various policies and workflows to large teams
- Help define quality review guidelines and perform quality reviews as needed
- Review sensitive and potentially disturbing content including but not limited to vulgar language, hate speech, violent threats, pornography and other graphic images
Who You Are
We’re looking for a passionate team member with excellent communication skills, strong analytical skills, experience in supporting user/consumer operations and, of course, tons of enthusiasm for helping people and keeping Twitter’s fast-growing user base safe.
If this sounds like it might be you, you probably have:
- Experience in handling user reports and/or high-priority support issues
- Strong analytical skills, metrics driven and experience in business/data analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and highly developed social skills
- Experience supporting high profile and/or publicly visible individuals either directly or in partnership with their representatives
- Flexibility; open to changing priorities and handling multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes and under pressure
- Ability to solve problems creatively and proactively, especially during critical situations
- Experience driving large cross-functional projects across different timezones; familiarity with project planning methodology (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience working with Service Cloud, JIRA, Tableau, or similar software. Service Cloud admin skills, basic programming and/or experience in automation a plus.
- Active, passionate Twitter user with strong interest in social media
- BA/BS degree or local equivalent; advanced degree a plus
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a customer support role, preferably in a fast-paced online support environment or a role involving vendor relationship management
- Flexibility is required as you might be asked to work late shifts or weekends
- Some travel could be required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.