As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Purpose and Objectives:
We are seeking individuals who are passionate in helping our customers adopt the latest innovations and achieve excellence in their SAP Operations and S/4 HANA implementations. We support SAP customers in managing the Application Lifecycle through all phases from Requirements to Deploy. The requirement of this role will be to support and drive the implementation of Solution Manager to support S/4 HANA implementations and parallel maintenance of legacy systems. THe role will involve technical implementation, leading to coaching roles during the project lifecycle.
This role will be based in the Center of Expertise (CoE) Ireland; the CoE in Ireland is an established organization supporting the worlds’ largest companies running SAP.
Expectation & Tasks:
AGS is the trusted advisor for value realization, protection of investment and acceleration of innovation. In AGS we continue to prove the value of SAP Enterprise Support, SAP
MaxAttention and Safeguarding. The goal and mission of the Center of Expertise (CoE) is to ensure optimal performance, availability and smooth operation of SAP software as well as to optimize technical and business processes by delivering engineering services to our installed customer base. In the CoE, we follow a global team model designed to ensure efficient, cross-regional consistency in employee development, quality of delivery, customer expectation and overall satisfaction. Our immense range of expertise results in world-class recommendations and is an immeasurable value for SAP Maintenance and/or SAP MaxAttention and Safeguarding. To meet the challenging requirements, you should be a quick learner with strong analytical skills. You should also be creative, open minded and possess the ability to communicate and convince others of the correct plan of action based on technical facts and details. It will be your responsibility to mentor and
act as the lead driver in the most critical issues. Candidates should be able to
communicate at an executive management level for technical action plans and resolutions for escalated issues and be able to multi-task and manage a constant workload with extended hours. The successful will also need to manage effective communication to ensure all team members are aware of the change and business requirements impacting the local organization.
- Propose holistic solutions to resolve customer SAP operational pain points
- Deliver onsite and remote services for global customers.
- Understand the latest concepts of the Focused Build methodology and SAP Activate.
- Understand the latest developments and capabilities SAP Solution Manager and partner products.
- Adopt the methodologies CoE Engineering Services and execute the objectives.
- Embrace the functionality and technical capabilities of SAP product releases.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability for customer travel.
- Develop core competencies in ALM, and build documentation and best practices for use internally and externally.
- Provide clear recommendations and guidance to promote the added value from an engagement.
- Provide feedback to Development to improve and innovate our solutions, and provide internal knowledge transfer across the wider ALM community.
- Flexibility for rotational travel to North America and Latin America
On the job training will be provided to enhance core competencies and to extend responsibilities and ownership for critical customer engagements.
Qualifications and Skill Competencies:
- Focused Build
- Change Request Management
- Transport Management (CTS)
- Basis experience
- Test Suite
- Process Management
- Project Management (using IT Project Management in Solution Manager)
- Requirements Management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Physics, Maths, Engineering.
- Expert Knowledge of SAP Solution Manager Tools and Processes
- Understanding of SAP Product portfolio and architectures
- Technical inquisitive nature with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- General IT technical skills
- Strong Communication skills and business acumen.
- Project Management skills
- Strategic thinking
- Customer centric with clear organizational skills.
- Comfortable working on own initiative
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.