Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary:
As a PayPal Russian Sanctions Investigator , your goal is to ensure that activity within the PayPal system is compliant with Anti-Money Laundering regulations and guidelines as well as PayPal’s adherence to our Ethics and Compliance Standards, and obligations to the appropriate regulations, such as the Bank Secrecy and USA PATRIOT Acts, and the governing authorities.
In this role, you will investigate customer activity across multiple platforms to ensure that it falls within acceptable parameters established by governing bodies including, but not limited to, the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). You will be tasked with creating brief summaries of your investigations and taking the appropriate mitigating action within PayPal’s various case management systems when necessary. As a Sanctions Investigator Level 1, it will be critical for you to stay current with policy changes and maintain consistent attention to detail.
Fluent Russian & English is required for this role.
As a Russian Sanctions Investigator, your responsibilities include:
- Conducting an end-to-end and meticulous review of potential illegal activity or activity such as Money Laundering, Fraud, and, Terrorist Financing;
- Completing a time-sensitive and meticulous analysis of each instance of potential Anti-Money Laundering activity and/or suspicious financial activity across multiple jurisdictions and countries;
- Apply analytic techniques to standard information sets in order to make logical and supported recommendations;
- Regularly exercise good judgement and in making decision or recommendations in relation to initial casework, including monitoring of industry watch lists and Know Your Customer efforts;
- Documenting findings in the manual and automated process case management system
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Legal, Criminal Justice or a comparable field or equivalent work experience;
- 4 years’ related experience, with a minimum of 1 years’ experience conducting research and investigations related to Fraud, Anti-Money Laundering, Customer/Enhanced Due Diligence investigation or verifications;
- Proven ability to analyze large amounts of data in order to disposition initial casework appropriately;
- Ability to work efficiently with an attention to detail in investigations and analysis;
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving