Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 244 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.
Provide full legal first Name/Family Name
- DO: Capitalize first letter of First and Last Name. Example: John Smith
- DON'T: Capitalize entire First and/or Last Name. Example: JOHN SMITH
- NOTE: Use correct grammar for Names with multiple cases. Example: McDonald or O'Connell
Provide full address details
Resume is required
Multiple attachments can be uploaded including Resume and Cover Letter for each application
Job Description Summary:
A typical day for the Merchant Risk Consulting Specialist
- You will conduct a holistic risk review of Merchants in the Business Seller Segment through various workflows. (including but not limited to case, phone, email, PET channels)
- Your holistic review will include a balanced approach of assessing risk and the merchant experience.
- You will interact proactively and educate the merchant while making strong decisions which will balance Risk and Experience.
- You will be working independently and within a team environment to serve as a credible partner that makes sound decisions.
- You will drive stronger Merchant engagement through your interactions with our customers.
- You will take ownership of impact of your decision and the overall merchant experience.
What does Success Look Like?
- Your critical thinking is E2E to understand the full Merchant Life Cycle evaluating Identity, Intent, Business Model, and Financial Stability of our merchants.
- You develop the full “merchant story” within your review process to validate and understand the Merchants situation.
- You wear several “hats” - Risk, Relationship Manager, Sales, Negotiator, and Investigator
- You will work towards understanding Industry risk idiosyncrasies
- You are working to have Global awareness of process alignment and economy implications
- You always put yourself in the merchant’s shoes and act as a strong partner.
- You have the ability to effectively communicate outcomes, build relationships and consult with our Merchants.
- You have 1+ years’ experience within a customer service or financial institution, with experience in Fraud, Credit Risk, Transaction processing or Chargeback Processing
- You are fluent in English and Regional Language
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- You have an ability to function in multiple queues covering a variety of tasks with a sense of urgency and follow-through.
- You have strong working knowledge of external systems and PC based internet and software applications (e.g. Internet, Microsoft Office).
- You are creative, good at learning on the fly, have strong customer focus and problem solving skills and you operate with integrity.
You Might Also Have:
- An ability to be comfortable working within ‘gray’ areas of policy where outstanding decision making quality is present.
- An ability to learn and adapt to new software technologies.
- The ability to work independently with a strong drive for results.
- Experience with conflict management and interpersonal skills.