Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment tackling a variety of urgent issues? Are you passionate about leading and motivating a high-performing team in solving complex problems at-scale? We’re looking for talented leaders focused on managing service response and service notifications to join our dynamic Oracle Cloud team!
This is a unique opportunity to lead a team of engineers in solving difficult problems across the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, while keeping key stakeholders and customers informed on the latest status. We’re seeking leaders who are:
- Focused on delivering results while building the Oracle Cloud brand
- Energetic and passionate about the customer experience
- Collaborative in partnering with teams across Oracle on projects and large strategic initiatives
- Motivated to be resourceful, innovative and entrepreneurial
- Humble and committed to always improving
This position is full time, reports to the Director of Cloud Operations, and located in Dublin, Ireland.
Lead and motivate a high-performing team in solving complex problems at-scale. Enable Oracle support to quickly resolve customer issues through sharing best practices, training, and tooling. Keep key stakeholders and customers informed with valuable updates where sound business decisions can be made.
- Have the aptitude to uncover and suggest Automation and Tooling opportunities
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with customers and achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Act on behalf of the customer as their cloud operations team, partnering with engineering, platform operations and customer service teams to restore customer availability
- Work as part of our extended support team in a startup atmosphere, doing whatever it takes to exceed customer expectations.
- Focus on customer restoration and communication during service impacting events
- Proactively monitor customer issues until they are fully resolved, keeping the customer informed along the way
- Address support requests that are escalated to our team from partners within the company
- Continually improve team skillsets through live experience and training
Technical / Core Requirements:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field preferred, or at least 5 years industry experience
- Strong SysAdmin skills with experience automating server deployments
- Familiarity and technical knowledge of scripting platforms (bash, ksh, PowerShell, etc)
- Experience with database platforms and data-driven technologies (Oracle PL/SQL, Microsoft SQL Server or others)
- Must have 3 – 5 years of virtualization experience with at least one of the following VMware, KVM, Xen, Hyper-V
- Comfortable in high pressure situations
- Customer obsessed and passionate in delighting customers
- Strong understanding of Cloud concepts and platforms
- Experience in Cloud technical support and operations
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technical domain, then train others teams
- Great verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage people for product development programs or projects focused on the delivery of a product through the design process, and into a finished state for external customers.
Manage people for product development programs or projects involving department or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of a product or computer-based system through the design process, and into a finished state for external customers. Plan and direct resource schedules as well as project budgets. Monitor the product/program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with customer on technical matters. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the product/program/project on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction. Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development and product management. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically four years of project management, product design or related experience needed.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).