Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team. Position Overview The NPD Group, founded in 1966, is the leading global provider of consumer and retail market research solutions. We can see what others cannot – the current realities and future possibilities for 14 different industries.
We combine our unique data assets and industry expertise, and partner with our clients to deliver a winning advantage, helping them get the right products in the right places for the right people. We offer consumer behaviour and point-of-sale (POS) information and industry expertise across more industries than any other market research company. We are headquartered in the United States, with offices and affiliates in more than a dozen locations across North America, South America, Europe and Asia. In Europe, we have offices in France, the UK, Germany, Spain and Italy. The NPD Group offers a fast-paced and exciting work environment with a collaborative and collegial culture. Please visit our website at www.npd.com.
We currently have an opportunity:
Operations Associate, Data Classification where Language(s) and/or Advanced IT Skills are Advantageous In this role you will work with POS (point-of-sale) retail data.
- You will identify any missing key product information, attributes and characteristics needed for trend analysis and update our proprietary systems appropriately.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the quality, timeliness and integrity of the company’s data and products.
- You will identify, investigate and edit POS data for assigned categories or retailers.
- You will work closely with a team to deliver collective targets as well as individual objectives.
- Adding, matching and inactivating retailer POS records within the company’s proprietary database based on industry rules
- Ensuring the delivery of quality, timely raw data files, according to production schedules
- Improving accurate attribute coding and quality data deliveries for assigned categories and industry
- Strong focus on achieving set deliverables which includes, immediate incident reporting, and appropriate communication of data issues – seeing them to a successful conclusion
- Managing multiple categories/retailer assignments – implementing efficiencies through constant questioning of the data and the processes currently in place – always looking for better ways of working
- Foreseeing and escalating potential issues before they arise and troubleshooting
- Having a broader awareness and understanding about the implications of any actions taken on our data – understanding the process multiple steps ahead and possible future implications to changes made to our data set
- Collaboration, team working and flexibility to ensure that changing priorities are met and a positive work environment is maintained throughout project and production work
Qualifications and Skills:
- Work experience in a team environment. Retailer knowledge/data processing experience is a plus but not a requirement
- Third level qualification (to a maximum of undergraduate level) is preferable
- Strong attention to detail, with problem solving and decision making skills is necessary to be successful
- Ability to deal with ambiguous information or conflicting guidelines e.g. analytical thinking skills and a broader awareness
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability – an individual who takes pride in their work and understands that the workday is not complete until the data has been delivered to our internal/external clients
- Strong communication, problem solving and decision making skills
- Improvement and growth mindset displayed on projects, implementing time saving/cost saving initiatives – a strong appetite for learning new industries, country nuances, system changes and methods of working
- Ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines – needs to have an organised and rigorous approach to work
- Being curious and open to learn technical process – having an ‘I have the ability to figure this out’ approach
- Ability to source appropriate and accurate information (searching for documentations, and/or web research)
- Self-motivated and deadline focused with an ability to work under pressure
- Very comfortable with MS Office applications (particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint with Access advantageous)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office is a distinct advantage and/or Language skills - written proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Russian, Italian, French, Spanish, German, Polish, Turkish, Portuguese, Dutch offers a distinct advantage The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.