Novartis Business Services IT (NBS IT) is working to support Novartis to deliver better patient outcomes through innovative use of information and technology. As technology is reshaping the healthcare industry, IT will be a differentiator for our businesses, inspiring new ideas and enabling Novartis to reimagine medicine.
To continue to add even greater value for the business we need to have the right people with the right capabilities in the right location. We need to be customer-oriented and focus on bringing the best services and solutions to the business – both globally and locally – to support our patients.
NBS IT offers this extraordinary work experience with a real opportunity to develop in a highly fast-paced technology-driven environment where collaboration and innovation are at the heart of who we are and what we do.
Would you like to work for a Global Pharmaceutical company and contribute to our mission to extend and improve people’s lives?
Look no further, apply today. Solution Design Expert, Novartis, Dublin.
Manage the design of system solutions in alignment with design and architectural standards, while meeting quality, performance, security and business requirements.
- Develop project rationale and perform scoping assessments to determine feasibility of projects
- Highlight/identify gaps in existing functionality and review requirements with stakeholders
- Develop a comprehensive requirements specifications that will determine the estimate of cost, time and resources to deploy solutions
- Liaise with the service development team to suggest a high level functional solution
- Develop project estimates and complete financial model (costs, savings, revenue opportunities, investment horizon, etc.)
- Ensure that relevant stakeholders are involved in specification of new services and/or major upgrades to existing services
- Ensure the overall user experience is taken into account when designing and deploying new solutions and services
- Ensure consistency and traceability between user requirements, functional specifications and testing & validation. Support validation and testing (OQ, PQ, UAT...)
- Ensure implemented solutions are according to specifications and fit for purpose.
- Support super user training
- Keep abreast with internal IT systems and documentation requirements, standards (including quality management and IT security)
- Keep abreast with industry best practices in leveraging technologies for the business and with regulatory environments / requirements if applicable.
- Take accountability to ensure adherence with Security and Compliance policies and procedures within Service Delivery scope
Novartis provides innovative healthcare solutions that address the evolving needs of patients and societies. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Novartis offers a diversified portfolio to best meet these needs: innovative medicines, cost-saving generic and biosimilar pharmaceuticals and eye care. Novartis has leading positions globally in each of these areas. In 2016, the Group achieved net sales of USD 48.5 billion, while R&D throughout the Group amounted to approximately USD 9.0 billion. Novartis Group companies employ approximately 121,000 full-time-equivalent associates. Novartis products are sold in approximately 155 countries around the world.
For more information, please visit http://www.novartis.com
Benefits of Working for Novartis:
- Competitive salary; Annual bonus
- Pension scheme; Share scheme
- Health insurance; 25 days annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Subsidized dining facilities
- Employee recognition scheme
- University degree in business/technical area adequate equivalent
- Fluent English both written and spoken
- 10+ years of experience as a Business Manager or Business Analyst with deep subject matter expertise in at least two of the following areas: Pharma, Life Sciences, Sales & Marketing, Development, Mobility, or related fields
- 2+ years’ experience working in a consulting position
- Proven track rack record in large, global, multi-team projects dealing with complex process areas and business groups
- Background in the Mobility, CRM, Analytics or Sales space highly desired
- Experience in Telemedicine, eHealth and / or mHealth would be a plus
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, presentation and writing skills
We focus on creating an inclusive organization and welcome people who have different knowledge, perspectives, experience and working styles from across the global population