Microsoft Business Operation’s mission is to make it easy to do business with Microsoft and to deliver innovative and efficient operational solutions that create great customer experiences. Our charter is to launch, transact, improve process and close gaps. If you are customer obsessed and inspired by the challenges of working on complex assessments and launches with our partners to drive improvements in the end-to-end manufacturing of Windows devices of all form factor types, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Business Operations.
We, at Microsoft’s Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) Operations Division, support our OEM partners to build devices using Microsoft Software and Services. Whether it’s the latest generation 2-in-1 PC or a Point-Of-Sale device, we help deliver the amazing experience from Microsoft, empowering people to do more.
Are you a team player who loves having a significant, positive business impact? Are you motivated and decisive? Do you enjoy using your creativity to collaborate with others to take on and solve complex challenges? If your answer to these questions is a resounding YES, then OEM Operations is the place for you and will enable you to reach your potential and achieve amazing results.
- Microsoft OEM Operations are looking for a Supply Chain & Manufacturing Services Program Manager.
- The OEM Supply Chain & Manufacturing Services team is responsible for managing and optimizing Microsoft’s OEM physical and digital supply chain. The team’s primary role is to manage the supply of Microsoft IP to OEM partners who in turn manufacture devices with Microsoft Software and Services. The Supply Chain is currently undergoing a transformation as we move from a physical supply chain to a 100% Digital model.
- We are looking for an experienced program manager to continue to lead and drive the digital transformation of the Supply Chain.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with the Supply Chain Leadership Team to evolve and refine the go-digital strategy
- Conducting co-design sessions with key OEM Partners to build solutions that meet both Microsoft and Partners’ needs.
- Executing on in-flight transformation projects as the Supply Chain subject matter expert and the E2E solution architect.
- Working with broader Supply Chain team to analyze the supply chain eco-system, understand the impact of the digital transformation on the supply chain & manufacturing, and craft a parallel strategy for our physical ecosystem.
- Driving process optimization to reduce cost, complexity or improve our Partner’s experience.
- Project managing various projects of varying size and scope to successful completion.
This position will be based in either Dublin or Reno and will require some global travel.
To be successful in this role the Supply Chain PM must have confidence, strong attention to detail and take pride in their work. The role also requires:
- A self-starter
- Someone with drive who can work independently but also collaborate effectively with a global team.
- Has strong project management and problem-solving skills.
- An effective communicator and presenter at all levels.
- Someone who has experience of working with internal teams and external partners across multiple cultures and languages.
- Someone with the ability to influence and lead change both internally within Microsoft and externally with suppliers
- Someone who is detail oriented and thorough, with ability to think “big picture” and demonstrate good judgement.
- Supply Chain or device manufacturing experience
- Someone with technical acumen around IT systems and transactional processes.
The role requires some travel primarily between the US and EMEA. Digital transaction experience is advantageous but not necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in business-related field (Operations, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Logistics)
- 10+ years of experience in a multi-national shared service or similar environment with relevant experience within a supply chain or device/component/manufacturing entity
- 10+ years of progressively responsible people leadership and development experience with a background managing international relationships and remote/virtual organization
- Strong capacity for leading change, dealing with ambiguity and building creative solutions
- Successful record of dealing with complex organization through influence and collaboration
- Demonstrated strategic thinking resulting in forward-looking solutions to business opportunities.
- Master’s degree or MBA in Business, Operations, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or Logistics preferred
- Certification in Six Sigma, Lean, or other process improvement methodologies
- Project Management accreditation
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.