The EMEA Partner Business Management (PBM) team is chartered with the operational enablement of our partner ecosystem. The PBM team sits within the Microsoft Business Operation (MBO) organization and is focused on making it easier for our partners to do business with Microsoft. A key component of the organization is supporting partners with their Move to Modern and digital transformation. We do this through representing deep subject matter expertise and partner voice in design phases of launches and through delivery of change management for launches that are partner impacting.
We manage our partners through a community model with a differentiation of service provided to our top partners through a specific Operations Key Account Management function. We are accountable for partner lifecycle management (contracting) and we also provide SME to support tier 3 escalations from our BPO that are policy / program related.
The Partner Business Management team in EMEA has 27 employees and we align closely with our counterparts in Asia and US to deliver a globally consistent model for partners. We work very closely with the other stakeholders including key stakeholders at a corporate and regional level within Microsoft Business Operations, One Commercial Partner (OCP) and those that support partners in the field.
This role leads the PBM team responsible for supporting CEE and MEA areas. The individual hired will be a senior member of the EMEA Partner Business Management Leadership Team in Operations and will connect closely with the OCP Leads in the CEE and MEA areas to represent the Operations Business Management function. The PBM team is split into specialization’s (Classic VL, CSP, Strategic Products) and this individual will play a lead role both regionally and globally for one of these specializations.
The role will provide a fantastic opportunity to lead and shape next generation experiences for our partners and will be at the center of how we support partners in their transition to modern and digital transformation. You will touch our most valued customer and reach across our most important businesses. Are you ready to make an impact in this exciting and challenging role?
- Lead reginal partner business management team through the next phase of enablement of our partners.
- Orchestrate and evolve a comprehensive Ops partner engagement model with differentiated channels (1:1, community, etc) for different partner types offering aligned services that enable them to transact, launch and transition effectively
- Contribute to the Ops field engagement model for region by driving alignment and agreement on shared focus areas with regional OCP & Inside Sales teams to represent the E2E Operations value prop
- Drive an Ops corporate engagement model that enables us to understand the corporate strategy and stakeholders to influence the partner roadmap with regional insights and requirements
- Develop highly effective stakeholder relationships with the OCP Field, Partner GTM, GSS, FODM organizations
- Ensure a globally aligned PBO model that is locally relevant to the business needs and drives PBO initiatives that close partner or field gaps
- Create a strong culture which promotes customer centricity, innovation, collaboration, inclusion and diverse thinking and builds future competencies that maximize our employees’ growth and business results
- Lead and manage an experienced team with ability to coach, develop and motivate.
- Influence, challenge, support and ‘team’ strongly with other Partner Business Group Managers at a regional and global level. Collaborate across MBO on development and execution of our strategic plan. Be an active and influential member of partner operational strategy.
- Work with the leadership team to develop systematic mechanisms and roadmaps for the new workloads of the future. Invest in and develop capabilities accordingly
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant business experience within Operations, IT or another relevant partner facing role. Experience of working in cloud/online based businesses a distinct advantage
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in people management with a proven track record of consistently delivering high impact performance
- Demonstrated ability across the leadership principles of Driving Clarity; Deliver Results; Generate Energy.
- A proven track record as a high impact Operations leader working in complex large multi-national environments
- An ambitious leader ready to create and execute change
- Highly developed communication and influence skills
- Proven experience in complex, global program management where design, development and implementation of new processes, systems and organizations are required
- Proven experience of influencing an organization, across more than one geography, and influencing other organizations where their support is critical to success
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES/INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Energy, Passion, Curiosity, Ambition and Drive
- Ability to learn quickly, be adaptable and deal with ambiguity
- Strong, articulate and convincing communicator
- Commitment to team building and development
- Leads with Decisiveness.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.