The Inside Partner Development Manager (IPDM) Channel Development role is key to Microsoft's partner management strategy as part of the One Commercial Partner Organization (OCP) in Inside Sales. The IPDM CD will represent Microsoft to the channel, communicate our strategy, sell our vision and bring partners along in the digital transformation journey. The outcome will be to support long-term revenue, cloud consumption and digital transformation.
This role is 90% partner facing with the core accountability of landing renewal sales and transitioning customers to modern in the long tail of the SMC space. This role will need to work across their assigned partners, customer accounts and the Microsoft sales organization to ensure business goals are met around customer retention, modern transition and cloud consumption are met.
- Work with assigned portfolio of LSP partners and geography to ensure EA revenue, Modern/CSP transition and customer retention targets are met; retire associated Microsoft EA quota.
- Drive upsell/cross-sell opportunities across all EA renewals in assigned LSP partners customer portfolios
- Deliver on Area priority sales plays with the assigned partner portfolio; land renewal sales for partner through sell-with objectives by driving proactive customer outreach
- Work with assigned partners to ensure customer activation of expiring licenses; coach LSPs on upcoming EA expiration options including CSP as the hero motion
- Help land modern customer conversations in the SMB space where LSS support is not available (assigned partner portfolio customers)
- Consult with account teams during territory planning to represent their partners and provide guidance to maximize volume licensing revenu
- Engage and support Inside Sales AE’s with upcoming EA renewal opportunities and address LSP attach
- As needed, review SMB customer opportunities, approve SMB extensions and apply selected empowerment
- Address daily and weekly escalations from LSPs on renewals
- Participate in licensing training and readiness
- Drive a sustainable licensing growth engine for Microsoft SMC and the LSP partner community and help our customer transition to modern.
- Help connect the Microsoft LSP partner community and Microsoft at the Area level to drive partner/customer satisfaction during this time of digital transformation
- 3+ years of experience in partner management, sales experience, channel experience, business development in the technology industry
- Reasonable level of technical proficiency
- Extensive experience of working in virtual teams across functions and geographies:
- Inclusive and collaborative - driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences.
- Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.