Microchip Technology Incorporated is a leading supplier of field-programmable embedded control solutions by delivering a broad spectrum of innovative microcontrollers, analog, mixed-signal and security products, wired and wireless connectivity products, related non-volatile memory products and Flash-IP solutions.
Do you see yourself as a problem-solving type of person? We are looking for a creative engineer to join our team and work with our clients over a wide range of technologies, to support their product development and remove technical obstacles at all stages from concept to production. We are offering an open value-based company culture, with broad opportunities for personal and technical development. Training will be facilitated on site, and at several global locations.
Microchip Technology offers meaningful opportunities, promoting fairness, integrity and employee empowerment, in a dynamic work environment.
- Assist Microchip clients to overcome hardware design, software design and manufacturing hurdles by providing technical solutions.
- Enable client self-sufficiency by creating technical documentation and training classes.
- Develop proof-of-concept solutions for helping our clients get familiar with Microchip products.
- Review technical collateral created by the team or by other Business Units.
Collaborate with internal groups (Quality, Business Units, Sales and others) to drive quality improvements and resolve client issues.
- Team player, working well in a team structure.
- Experience with any of the following: electronics, embedded system design (Microcontrollers/ Microprocessors), software development.
- Debugging skills – troubleshooting and finding the root cause of the issues.
- Programming skills (C language for example).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent English (both written and spoken).
- Comfortable engaging with clients over the telephone, but mostly in writing through a web-based system.
- Availability to occasionally travel to the U.S. and within Europe for training and client focused activities.
- Experience in any of these technology areas: Ethernet/Networking, USB, Touch Sensing, Wireless.
- Experience with Microchip development platforms, tools and products.
- A second language such as French, German, Italian, Russian.
- Experience in circuit simulation, PCB layout and product development.
- Presentation and training skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g. electrical, electronic or any associated engineering disciplines).