Become part of the modern MetLife Global Technology Campus located in Galway, Ireland. MetLife offer an attractive benefit package alongside an Employee Reward and Recognition Program. The ideal candidate would be able to: Maintain applications in the production environment. Identify and implement solutions that optimize operating efficiency of production systems, maximizing uptime and enhancing operational excellence. Execute scheduled events in the production environment such as disaster recovery testing, platform upgrades, and compliance activities. Coordinate Stakeholder engagements to ensure adherence to service level agreements. Relentlessly work to overcome challenges to meet the needs of the customer through innovation and communication. Work collaboratively across various functions in an AGILE environment.
- Actively participates in day-to-day production management activities including the investigation and resolution of Incidents, Service Requests, and Problems. Assists in ensuring all nightly production batch trails are completed on time based on SLA commitments.
- Perform break-fix coding and/or scripting and maintains records to document break-fix code changes
- Participates in documentation of internal processes and procedures
- Participates in supporting change management, release management and Compliance activities.
- Delivers Services to our pan-EMEA Customers utilizing an early-late shift rotation model
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Degree (Level 8) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or related field
- 3 + years of related work experience of which some time was in a multinational environment
- Strong analytical and communication skills combined with very good attention to detail
- Possesses extensive knowledge of IT Service Management processes
- Experience of working in an Agile environment and using Agile methodologies
- Experience working in Financial Services / Insurance sector is an added advantage.
Global Technology & Operations
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of MetLife to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination on any basis protected by law.
In order to apply for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.