As a member of the Help Desk Support organization, the analyst provides first level hotel operations, functional, and some technical troubleshooting support for Marriott business and property systems applications.
Key accountabilities include:
- Ability to provide subject matter expertise related to the hotel standard operating procedures within key business application and property management system environments.
- Experience using one or more of the following property based business applications/systems: Revenue Management, Reservations, Customer Relationship Management, and/or a Property Management Systems.
- Records incidents in in the Help Desk Ticketing tool per established procedures and policies.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and able to speak to customer and document interactions in business terms
- Ensures timely escalation of incidents as needed, identifies impact to customer and assigns the appropriate priority.
- Ability to effectively facilitate complaint resolutions
- Established work history demonstrating a strong customer service background
- Communicates resolution and/or next steps to the customer.
Major Decision Making Impact:
- Determines and assigns priorities for incidents based on issue type and impact.
- Determines appropriate path to escalate issues related to operations, application, and technology related issues or inquiries
- Records incidents and status information in CRM tool per established service level agreements; communicates resolution and/or next steps to the customers and stakeholders effectively
Measurements of success include:
- Logging, at a minimum, 90% of all support efforts (in-bound calls, out-bound calls, research, troubleshooting, follow-up) into the Service Now ticketing system
- Maintaining an average customer service quality survey score of 80% or better
- Maintain an acceptable closure rate and first contact resolution on all cases as defined by the management team
- Arriving to work on time as scheduled by Manager, if applicable, logging into the call management system and using appropriate activity codes to track work
- Completion of any other support-related tasks as assigned by the Manager, within a reasonable timeframe
- Answer ACD calls within three rings
- Maintain or exceed internal/external SLA’s set for phone system usage, incident tracking, and project reporting
- Meet minimum requirements for usage and contributions to the Knowledgebase/SME areas of accountability
- Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Education and Experience
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- 1+ years’ experience at Marriott Systems Support Center, or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in a contact center, customer service or hospitality environment
- Demonstrated English proficiency
- Undergraduate degree
- Hospitality/Sales, Revenue management or Catering experience
- Multilingual with demonstrated proficiency in writing and speaking English, and preferred speaking and writing skill in one or more of the following languages: Cantonese, Mandarin, French, Italian, Spanish, Portugese, Hindi, Swahilil
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Assist other analayst as necessary with support issues and escalation
- Assist more senior associates in achieving business reulsts by:
- Utilizing hotel operations knowledge and application acumen to enhance business and support processes
- Allocating own time effectively to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other associates or groups.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Answering phones in a timely manner and using appropriate scripst and language as per department policy
- Responding in writing via email or chat to customer inquiries per deparment policy
- Creating and updating Help Desk incident or service tickets as defined by department procedures and policies
- Provides excellent customer service and follow-up for all customers who call into the Help Desk.
- Maintains, reviews and complies all documentation that pertains to products supported or operating procedures.
- Understands proper procedures for logging into the ACD and maintaining a status of available when not scheduled for a break or other efforts scheduled with the Manager.
- Assists other analysts as necessary with support issues and escalations.
- Performs the following types of basic tasks: analysis, auditing, forecasting, research, and report generation.
- Responds to, resolves and makes decisions on standard/routine business requests with limited risk.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
- Performs other duties as appropriate
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.