LocalEyes is a leading provider of Localisation Services to the international computer and software sectors, with European headquarters established in Cork since 1998. LocalEyes Group is recruiting a Russian International Software Quality Engineer to work at our Client’s premises, in Cork, Ireland, which is a leading telecom product and software provider in the mobile and personal computing space.
Location: Cork, Ireland
Position Start: ASAP/1 year contract with possibilities to extension
Work duration: full-time
Salary: Attractive compensation also based on candidate’s experience
We are looking for highly motivated QA Engineers with software development, interpersonal and foreign language skills to work at our client’s European International Quality team responsible for designing, implementing and executing both automated and manual QA Plans for OS X and iOS based software products for the EMEIA market.
You will design, implement, and execute both automated and manual test plans for a wide variety of OS X and iOS based software products, interfacing with international software QA centers, software engineering teams, translators and project managers to ensure that our client delivers world-class software products to their international markets.
- Coding software automation to test in languages like ObjC, Python and Ruby.
- Perform localisation testing on software, print & hardware items as a member of a project test team.
- Creating, maintaining and carrying out automated test procedures.
- Carry out technical software reviews to assess automation opportunities.
- Analyzing international functionality issues at a low level.
- Identifying areas of improvement in existing tools and processes, and addressing issues with innovative solutions.
- Working cross-functionally with engineering teams, QA and project management teams to help our client ship amazing international software products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering, or equivalent.
- Native speaker fluency in one of languages outlined above.
- Strong programming and technical skills.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience in OS X and/or iOS software development with Cocoa technology.
- Experience as a “power user” of OS X and iOS based Products.
- Experience in software localisation/internationalisation.
- A strong background in UNIX.
- 2+ years of real world Software Engineering experience.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interest for OS X and iOS operating systems and its international users.
- A team player, and a person who enjoys creating test plans that ‘break’ software products.