JNJ is now recruiting a Senior Regional EHS&S Manager to join the function of Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability this opportunity will report into the Regional EHS&S Leader, this opportunity will reach Cross Segment and Cross Campus.
Technical support to the Regional EHSS Leadership Team in support of program execution and performance in line with J&J EHS&S Standards, strategy and metrics and regional regulatory compliance requirements.
Key aspects of the role will include:
- Support regional execution of enterprise initiatives
- Support the regional leader with governance of metrics, CAPAs, incident investigations and competency building.
- Support the campus leaders with execution of incident investigations, self-assessments, and competency building
- This leader will work closely with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Internal: Campus/Regional Leaders, Global EHS&S Subject Matter Experts, Supply Chain leaders, Commercial partners, Quality and other site functional leaders.
- External: Regulators and 3rd party consultants or assessors.
- Partner with local management to develop and implement management action plans to address EHSS program deficiencies and ensure compliance with J&J EHSS Standards and local regulatory requirements.
- Support IOSS Communities of Practice (CoP) from across multiple sites. Set and monitor goals/objectives/assignments and provide adequate coaching/counselling.
- Supporting the regional incident management process; assisting/leading serious incident investigations, supporting sites in identification of root causes, the development of corrective and preventative actions and the sharing of lessons learned.
- Monitor and evaluate EHS risks of operations, including change management, ensuring continuous improvement of the EHS program to make it leaner and more efficient.
- Provides campus/regional management with ongoing consultation pertaining to environmental, health and safety regulations identifying the impacts of changes to regulations on key business objectives.
- Collaborate with other functions and campus leaders to manage EHS aspects of external manufacturers, suppliers and contractor programs.
People Management Responsibilities
- Exercise the highest level of integrity in all tasks.
- Embrace a behaviour of employee involvement and commitment to doing the job right the first time.
- Ensure employees under your scope of responsibility are trained in required procedures for the execution of their role and maintain current with training requirements during the year.
- Seek prompt identification, reporting and correction of deviations in the workplace as noted by employees.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. A focused degree in EHS or a related discipline is highly preferred.
- 10 plus years overall experience with six of those years focused in leading teams or direct people and successfully overseeing EHS program execution for an organization.
- Knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety regulations/standards and ISO is required.
- Experience leading an EHS audit/inspection program with internal and external manufacturing is required.
- Experience in leading an EHS program in Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and/or Consumer environment is required.
- Demonstrated experience working in a matrix organization is required.
- Demonstrated ability in developing metrics, trend analysis and reporting is required.
- The successful candidate must have demonstrated experience in developing and executing EHS strategy for an organization. In particular experience in breaking overall strategy down into components associated with resource needs and particular roles and responsibilities is strongly preferred.
- This position will require a sense of urgency, self-awareness and adaptability.
- The successful candidate will need to be results and performance driven with a strong grasp of bigger picture.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Technical experience in diverse EHS areas including but not limited to air, water, hazardous and medical waste, machine safety, ergonomics, PSM/industrial hygiene and chemical handling, construction safety/contractor management is highly desirable. Demonstrated project management skills are required and individual must have technical/working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations.
Competencies/Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written & verbal), problem-solving, influence, planning, organizing, and time management skills. Superior team player.
- Business management – produce & maintain project schedules & budgets
- Interfacing – associates & local, state & federal inspectors
- Organizational skills – generate all required reports & record keeping systems
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS risks in the workplace.
- Ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action.
- Ability to lead EHS professionals.
- Proficient in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, One Note, Share Point and PowerPoint.
- J&J Worldwide EHS data reporting and tracking systems. (CURVE)
- Internet, intranet and database tools (internal and external) as needed to support the EHS function.
Global Leadership Profile Requirements:
- Integrity and Credo-based Action ~ lives Credo values; builds trust; tells the truth; initiates transparency into problems; demonstrates genuine caring for people
- Strategic Thinking ~driven to envision a better future; takes any role or job and makes it better; has relentless dissatisfaction with status quo; motivated to leave things better than they were; a change agent
- Big Picture Orientation with Attention to Detail ~ able to operate in two “worlds” simultaneously e.g., growth and cost control, enterprise and operating company success; sees the why as well as the what, can zoom in or out as needed
- Organization & Talent Development ~ motivates and empowers others to achieve a desired action; enjoys developing a diverse group of people; champions diversity; instils confidence; attracts good people; demonstrates a track record of people development; brings out the best in others; net exporter of successful talent; invests time to be personally “connected” with the organization
- Intellectual Curiosity ~ sees the possibilities; willing to experiment; cultivates new ideas; comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Collaboration and Teaming ~ puts interests of enterprise above own; works well across functions and groups; builds teams effectively; inspires followership; instils a global mindset; champions best practices
- Sense of Urgency ~ proactively senses and responds to problems and opportunities; takes action when needed
- Prudent Risk-taking ~ inner confidence to take risks and learn from experience; courage to grab opportunities or shed non-viable businesses; willing to make tough calls
- Self-Awareness and Adaptability ~ resilient; has personal modesty and humility; willing to learn from others; patient, optimistic, flexible and adaptable
- Results and Performance Driven ~ assumes personal ownership and accountability for business results and solutions; consistently delivers results that meet or exceed expectations; makes the customer central to all thinking; keeps the focus on driving customer value
- Location of Role: This position can be based in any Make JNJ Location in EMEA.
- Travel Requirements: 40-50% domestic and possibly international travel.
- This description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.