We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Process Engineer ideally with water/wastewater engineering experience to join our Energy, Waste and Water team, based in our Dublin, Cork or Belfast Offices. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Working on projects throughout Ireland and the UK, your responsibilities may include:
- Acting as Process Lead responsible for the design and delivery of a wide range of deliverables and projects at various stages in the project life cycles, while ensuring technical excellence and best practice to specification.
- Assisting or leading multi-disciplinary project teams to deliver projects within agreed scope, timeframes and budgets.
- Development of a Process design team within Ireland providing technical guidance and support.
- Setting & maintaining standards for technical quality ensuring designs meet Client specification.
- Working with project managers and other Technical Leads an integrated approach.
- Working to drive Health and Safety and overall project quality objectives.
- Ensuring project financial performance within Process discipline budget on projects.
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues, contracting engineers, subcontractors, sub-consultants and clients.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with the other Jacobs discipline leads on projects.
- Supervising and visiting contractors on site and advising on engineering issues.
- Leading or supporting tendering procedures and putting together proposals
- Minimum of an accredited Honors Chemical Engineering Degree (NFQ Level 8) or related Process Engineering discipline.
- Extensive relevant experience.
- Chartered Professional (with an internationally recognized industry association) or in the final stages of working towards this.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with client and other project team members.
- Significant demonstrable experience in leading the process design of medium or large projects.
- Experience of budget management, financial performance and familiarity with current industry best practice.
- Excellent communication skills, including written work.
- Experience of Line Management responsibilities.
- Experience in the design of water or wastewater schemes; clean water and sewage transfer systems and pumping systems.
- Working knowledge of contract types and procurement options.
- Experience with construction management and/or the site supervision of a contractor during construction.
- Experience working in the water/wastewater sector in Ireland.