Verisk Analytics has an amazing story to tell. In 2016, Forbes magazine named Verisk Analytics to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list and to its America’s Best Large Employers list. If you’re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us.
At Verisk, you can build a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work; create a positive, lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Verisk Analytics is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, and financial services. We’ve been delivering data, analytics, and decision support services to our customers for more than 45 years. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
The ISO unit of Verisk is looking for a skilled DevOps Engineer to work in our Dublin office. This specialist role will be accountable for supporting development operations in all phases of application development while demonstrating expertise in Windows/Linux based administration. The individual must be able to script the automation of building and deploying applications and maintain source code repositories. The individual is designated as the Software Configuration Management (SCM) subject matter expert within the Project management and Software Development processes implementing SCM models with the Agile methodology.
- Administer development Continuous Integration process. Setup build plans, assist developers with failures and manage software configurations
- Implement Production Migrations (off-hours)
- Support developers with server troubleshooting and application errors due to environmental issues
- Monitor and respond to Production server and application performance degradation
- Assist with Cloud environment setup and implementation plan
Skills and Knowledge
- Must have a passion for technology and focused on automation
- Excellent understanding of development concepts and formats such as XML, JSON, and SQL
- Solid understanding of Continuous Integration and how to automate builds and deployments
- Ability to use scripting languages to automate manual processes
- Deep knowledge of multiple monitoring tools and how to mine them for advanced data
- Basic understanding of firewalls and networking concepts
- 2+ years of proven experience Linux Administration
- 2+ years of proven experience in Windows Administration and IIS management
- Deep understanding of advanced IIS concepts and settings
- Proficient at scripting languages such as Bash, Powershell, Chef,
- Proven experience and understanding in the following Continuous Integration/Deployment technologies: Atlassian Bamboo, Octopus Deploy, MSBuild, NUnit, Nuget, Git, Subversion, Sonar.
- Familiarity with Development tools and methodologies, such as XML config files, Rest API calls, HTTP Headers and Response Codes
- Expert at troubleshooting Production issues, using monitoring tools such as Splunk, New Relic, Solarwinds DPA and Perfmon
- Knowledge and passion for Cloud computing