We are looking for a new Senior HR Operations Specialist to join our dedicated Dublin HR team supporting the EMEA region. This is a new role which will help the team continue to thrive as we grow and face more complexities across EMEA.
In this role you will be working closely as an Ops team partnering with HRBP’s, Recruiting, and internal stakeholders in the business whom you support day to day. As a lean team (Team of 3) you will have the opportunity to take ownership of your regions – working off your initiative and facing exciting challenges & learning opportunities as we continue to grow globally. You'll drive continuous improvements in existing processes through transformation, process re-engineering and investment in tools and automation regionally and globally.
Who is Guidewire?
Guidewire is probably the best company to work for you have never heard of. We have been voted on Glassdoor as a top 3 employer to work for by our employees and pride ourselves in a strong culture of integrity in everything we do, rational decision-making and a collegial work environment.
Guidewire Dublin has also been recognized as a Great Place to work 2016, 2017 & 2018!
What will I be doing?
- Support and address queries from employees, internal clients and partners around benefits, processes and policies, internal HR systems and other programs. Identify trends in employee queries and propose solutions to simplify user journeys.
- Review HR-related processes for Workday and downstream systems to identify gaps and required changes
- Ensuring successful implementation of global and regional HR programs
- Processing employees’ changes in Workday (HCM), and distribute information to payroll and other key stakeholders;
- Supporting compliance related efforts: conduct internal HR Audits, HR Files, etc., to ensure regulatory compliance; and assist with internal audit request on a quarterly basis.
- Manage benefit enrolments across EMEA with external providers and brokers, including conducting data audits, and oversee annual reporting.
- Take responsibility and ownership for one or more HR processes across the EMEA region, assuming responsibility for operations, management and continuous improvement of these processes.
- Become a subject matter expert for all HR processes for multiple countries and act as a point of contact for local HR teams and/or external providers.
- Become a thought leader in people processes and assist and consult clients in HR policy implementations, communication and maintenance, using your knowledge and access to HR data and systems to produce efficiencies.
What do I need to be successful?
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience in a customer service environment.
- Experience with data analytics and reporting.
- Experience in project management, data analysis or management consultancy.
- Experience with human resource management systems. Demonstrated spreadsheet and document software experience.
- Act like an owner; show leadership capabilities, deal with ambiguity, take responsibility.
- Ability to present analysis in a clear and compelling manner.
- Demonstrated communication, analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with excellent business judgment.
- Fluency in an additional European language is a bonus!
The Guidewire team is very proud of the reputation we have earned in the industry (Gartner for our products; Glassdoor and Great Place to Work accolades as voted by our employees). We take great pride in the products we build and the way we operate as a company and on an individual level. We live and operate by three basic principles. These are the same principles upon which Guidewire was founded and they remain at the heart of all we do today:
- We value integrity in everything that we do: truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other.
- We are dedicated to rationality: communicating through clear arguments, building excellent quality products, and making decisions carefully based on factual evidence.
- We prize collegiality: working together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy.
Why Guidewire ?
Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, mission-critical to the business, difficult to get right, and actually a lot of fun to work on. We provide a platform based on three elements: core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement (or “core,” “data,” and “digital” for short), which work together to strengthen insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers, agents, and employees. We serve more than 200 customers in more than 20 countries, executing more than 300 Guidewire product implementations. It doesn’t stop there. We are investing heavily in R&D, in fact, more than 2,000 person hours have been invested already in building the platform. There is an opportunity to gain truly international experience and work with a distributed team across the globe.