Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Director of Strategic Operations at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
As a Director of Strategic Operations for Geo Data Operations, you will provide strategic direction, thought leadership and business judgment to support strategic and tactical initiatives for the Geo Data Operations team.
The Geo team builds the most accurate, comprehensive, and useful maps for our users. More than a billion people rely on Google Maps services to explore the world and navigate their daily lives. That includes sailing down the Amazon river, choosing where to get a bite of pizza, flying over a 3D version of New York City and saving time commuting.
Geo helps merchants get their businesses on Google, and more than a million developers use the power of Google Maps to enhance their apps and websites. They are solving complex computer science problems, designing beautiful and intuitive product experiences and improving the accuracy of our geo data, all in order to plot a course for the future of mapping.
- Deliver strategic and operations projects across the globe to evolve and transform Google's Geo Data Operations.
- Lead research and analysis to drive new insights. Effectively communicate findings from initiatives to senior management and broader organization to gain buy-in and instigate change.
- Solve complex problems, lead root cause analysis and implement large scale, measurable improvements for Geo Operations.
- Partner with leadership teams to identify and prioritize top challenges and key strategic growth opportunities.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including Product Management, Engineering, Finance and Operations teams to ensure coordination and alignment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in finance, operations or management consulting.
- Experience defining and managing global, strategic programs that span multiple organizations.
- Excellent project management experience, ability to define projects and execute within timelines and with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and articulate a compelling vision.
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time and to budget.
- Ability to synthesize information and see the big picture while effectively managing details.
- Ability to manage, influence and persuade others without direct authority.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.