At Glanbia we are a science-led, quality-obsessed and down-to-earth provider of innovative nutritional solutions to many of the world’s greatest brands. We solve for better performance—nutritional, functional and operational. Inside every food, ingredient and service we offer is a promise to keep people healthy and strong. We keep that promise by finding new ways to make food that performs better. Our scientific expertise, consumer insights and operational know-how helps our customers make products that people love and trust. Whatever challenge you have, from making a better formulation, to improving your logistics, to finding new ways to grow, we can help.
Our portfolio centers around dairy and non-dairy nutritional ingredients. We co-innovate and deliver ingredient solutions and precision premixes for use in the mainstream food and beverage, infant and clinical, and functional nutrition markets. We have a direct presence in 21 countries, with manufacturing facilities in the US, Germany and China, and international sales and technical offices around the world.
Responsible for driving and developing sales of GN ingredients (such as specialist nutrition solutions and precision premixes) through selected active nutrition sectors, in selected EMEA regions.
- Analyse markets and manage accounts and relationships with clients.
- Support direction and commercial insights for R&D to shape developments and launch of unique new products with the sector.
- Provide sector knowledge to accelerate the development and launch of unique new ingredients, working with business development manager.
- Work in close co-operation with colleagues in Quality, R&D teams, and supply chain department.
- Work across a very broad range of topics and interact with both customers and colleagues.
- Implement sales and marketing plans and adjust as necessary to achieve overall sales potential.
- Develop thorough knowledge of Glanbia’s products and services and assist in development of new product concepts and applications.
- Seek new customers and markets for Glanbia Nutritionals products through prospecting and qualification.
- Build and expand on customer relationships (existing and new) by penetrating at various levels (Purchasing, R&D, Marketing, etc.).
- Identify new customer opportunities by understanding needs and wants of customers with a view to effective internal and external communication as sales and service processes progress.
- Keep abreast of competitive pricing and pressure on supply and demand to ensure capturing market share at highest possible price and profit margin.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Understand the customers’ business: New product trends, top marketers, and who are likely to become top marketers.
- Stay abreast of nutrition trends in general (ie. protein, micronutritions and grains), looking for health trends that Glanbia ingredients might complement
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate a flexible and proactive approach.
- Must possess an Honours /Bachelor’s Degree in Food Technology or similar, and a minimum of 5 years of experience managing an established customer base.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Experience working in a multi-national company preferred
- Strong Excel and customer database management skills
- Relevant commercial experience in business development and selling ingredients or food products to the food industry; consumer/flavor/dairy sector preferred.
- Ability to understand technical details involved in food and product formulation.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English with German speaking skills preferred
- Personal skills: self-starter, flexible, interpersonal skills, results-driven, entrepreneurial, commercially driven and relationship builder.
- Valid driving license
- Willing and able to travel (land and air) 30-50% of the time.