- act as SME for the purchase to pay process for clinical trial investigator payments, including:
- Vendor creation and management
- PO creation and maintenance
- Tracking trial budget vs POs created to ensure an appropriate split of the trial budget across sites based on the patient enrolment numbers
- Issue resolution related to rejected invoices
- Vendor follow up where invoices have not been received
- Understand and comply with procurement, legal and financial requirements and procedures
- Identify, communicate, and resolve issues
- Serve as Metrics lead, including analysis & reporting from various Metrics ERPs
- Liaise with IQVIA and ICON to maintain operational relationship
- Provide business support to the associate team on clinical trials startup & administration
- Anticipate and monitor dynamically changing priorities
- Provide feedback and shared learning for continuous improvement
- Serve as the Finance & Business Support team Continuous Improvement lead with responsibility for initiating efficiencies and for assisting the team with closing out CI initiatives
- Participate in the TCC business planning and Budgeting process, completing analysis and meeting budget reporting requirements
- Serve as Global Service (GS) Doc lead for the Finance & Business Support Teams:
- Ensure that the team understand the GS Docs process
- Assist the teams with reviewing and ensuring that SOP, Job Aids, Flowcharts & Ref Documents are up to date and are live on GS Docs
- Serve as the learning leader for the TCC tower working with new hires and trainers throughout the induction weeks
- Controls & Compliance
- Serve as the SOx & Operational controls lead for the Finance & Business Support Teams
- Serve as the EY & CAS engagements & queries lead for the Finance & Business Support Teams
At Lilly, we make a difference for people the world over by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help people live longer, healthier and more active lives. Central to all that we do are our talented and motivated professionals. Today more than 500 are based at our Global Business Solutions centre in Little Island, Cork. There we boast a vibrant workforce made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking over 27 languages.
Established in 2010 to gain efficiencies in Finance GBS Cork quickly excelled in its financial mandate, allowing the Cork leadership to ask, how can we apply these processes to other areas of the business? And so the GBS we have today was born, still leading in finance, but also evolving and expanding into diverse Business Service functions.
This, along with the current physical expansion of the Little Island campus, means there has never been a more exciting time to be part of the GBS story! The new Island Hall facility will extend our overall capacity where Lilly will continue to offer a premium workspace across both buildings.
Our benefits package includes healthcare, pension and life assurance benefits, subsidised canteen, wellbeing facilities, educational assistance, travel subsidies, car-pooling incentives, bike to work scheme, on-site parking and much more.
At the GBS, it’s not just about what we do today, but how we can continuously improve and innovate for present and future operations.
Above all, it’s about being part of an open, welcoming and inclusive culture, one that is further enhanced by the dedication of our committees - Culture Club, Diversity & Inclusion, Sports & Social, Corporate Social Responsibility, Health Safety & Environment and Food.
“We see Cork as an integral part of our productivity agenda. If you are excited by new opportunity and new scope, you are working at the right place.” – Dave Ricks, CEO Lilly
We are excited now to add another capability to the existing GBS team. The Clinical Trial Capabilities Team will focus on clinical research and, in particular, clinical study start-up activities across the EU and other regions, e.g. Middle East, Africa and Russia. The Clinical Trial Capabilities Centre will allow us to provide an unparalleled clinical trial experience for investigators and patients and ultimately achieve Lilly’s goal of speeding innovation and bringing our medicines to patients who need them.
If you want to contribute to this goal for our patients please apply to one of our new roles today. All current open positions are permanent roles.
- 2-3 years’ experience in P2P/GA function
- Professional Accountancy Qualification or part qualified
- Associates Degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Fluency in English
- Ability to speak additional languages is a benefit (French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian, Polish)
- Appreciation of / experience in compliance-driven environment
- Ability to learn and comply with regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Ability to handle complexity and utilize analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and complete key tasks and deliverables
- Ability to both actively listen and effectively communicate
- Ability to work in global team environment and communicate effectively with both internal business partners of all levels & disciplines as well as external partners and vendors.
Effective communication, negotiation, and problem solving skills
Self-management and organizational skills