Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
#WeAreEA and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We’re looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. The best people want a job that inspires them, while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
And we want you to join us. We’re hiring a Director for Player Experience Management.
This role is part of EA’s Customer Experience organization. The Customer Experience organization strives to make EA known for taking care of its players. We’re players taking care of players and people talking to people – whenever, wherever, and however they need us.
The Director for Player Experience Management is accountable for the end-to-end operational performance from our player's perspective. Their team’s mission is to develop demand forecasts and workforce staffing plans, while running the day-to-day operations, constantly monitoring and measuring player engagement, and improving the player experience based on that data.
This role works with multiple global teams including Operations, Insights, Partners, and Programs. A typical day might see this person with their team or global peers discussing opportunities to increase the effectiveness of the Operational teams, as well as collaborating cross-functionally to drive process improvements and key player experience programs.
So how does the Director for Player Experience Management make great experiences for players? They:
- lead the team who plans, monitors, and drives improvement for operational performance, in support of the players by region
- drive the weekly cadence for operational excellence (focused on the player experience), identify gaps, drive the actions to improve performance, and work cross-functionally to correct issues
- provide context around global issues across the EA Customer Experience organization to make sure we accurately prioritize player experience initiatives
- engage and understand third-party and industry best practices to help inform the operational strategy for player engagement
- consult with other leaders in Customer Experience to improve performance, making it easy for players to find our solutions.
If you’re interested in this role, you’ll need these skills or experiences:
- 8 or more years of experience leading teams, preferably customer operations or tied to customer experience
- time spent managing and optimizing operational performance, with a proven track record of driving operational and financial results
- strong communication skills with the ability to influence and lead change
- the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequent updates (or curveballs, because what company doesn’t throw a few of those?)
- A passion for great customer service
- An attention to detail and the ability to think creatively about problems and how to solve them
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in business management or a related field
- multi-lingual, fluent in English and one of the following languages is preferred: German, French, Spanish, or Russian.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a highly competitive base salary and benefits package including but not exclusive to; bonus, shares, pension, life assurance, long term disability protection, and games.
At this location, we offer benefits like… competitive base salary and benefits package including but not exclusive to; bonus, shares, pension, life assurance, long term disability protection. Other cool perks include free ice cream and free games!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.