Whether you are buying new or used, plain or luxurious, commonplace or rare, trendy or one-of-a-kind – if it exists in the world, it probably is for sale on eBay. Our mission is to be the world’s favourite destination for discovering great value and unique selection. We give sellers the platform, solutions, and support they need to grow their businesses and thrive. We measure our success by our customers' success. We employ extraordinary people who do meaningful work that has a tangible impact on the lives of individuals all over the world. And we aspire to make extraordinary things possible for each other, for our customers, and for you. We’ve been doing this for over 20 years. And we're just as passionate about it today as when we founded the company in 1995.
Important Info: the start date for this role is 02.07.2018. We require your availability for 7 consecutive weeks of training (without holidays). Holidays beyond 18.08.2018 are subject to approval.
Working at home, you will interact and provide customer support to our UK and Irish buyers and sellers. You’ll be our customer’s first point of contact, solving their problems, in the quickest, simplest, easiest way possible and make them feel great about eBay along the way. You will be representing eBay in such a way that our customers are blown away by the service you provide. You need to be dynamic, passionate, creative, autonomous and technically savvy. You love to listen to customers and relish in helping them solve their problems.
If you are passionate about providing super customer experience and you want to cut down on your commuting time, join our eBay@home team! You will get all the necessary training, equipment and support to be successful.
- Communicate with eBay customers through a variety of channels including chat, email and phone
- Troubleshoot any customer problems related to the eBay platform, offering solutions and recommendations
- Take ownership for customer issues so that they are resolved and you keep customers updated along the way
- Accurately use our systems to get to the right solutions and keep track of the customer details
- Understand customer priorities & identify key improvement areas
- Anticipate the needs of our customers and always act with the customer in mind, providing empathy at all times
- Be a customer advocate, waking up thinking about how you are going to satisfy our customers every day
- Achieve your metrics and targets – always looking to go further
- Always make the customer happy, however you will know when to escalate when you need to
- Resident in the Republic of Ireland
- Fluent in English
- An excellent communicator
- Self-starter, driven, motivated and disciplined
- Resilient and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work in a customer contact, target-driven role – you love to hit your metrics & over-achieve on your goals
- Great at solving problems and you are flexible in your approach
- Experienced in dealing with passionate customers
- Super at managing your time and conscientious in your approach to work
- Flexible, adaptable to change and have a great team spirit
- Experienced with using top technology solutions and applications
- A private workspace with a door that can close, no background noise or distraction
- A suitable chair & desk for working
- A high speed hard wired internet connection (minimum 5Mbps download / 1Mbps upload) from a reliable provider
You will get:
- Computer, tech, broadband
- Competitive Salary
- Quarterly Bonus
- Annual Leave 25 days
- Healthcare Plan
- Life Assurance
- Pension Plan
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Discounts
- Sabbatical every 5 years plus lots more!