Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Technical Support Sr. Manager – VxRail on our Enterprise Technical Services team in Cork.
We go out of our way to give our customers the help they need. Our Enterprise Technical Support team specializes in our most highly technical and sophisticated products – from IT hardware and software to servers, networking, storage and the cloud. Issues can span installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance and usage. Fully trained on the latest upgrades or new products, the team can diagnose the problem and recommend the right solution remotely by telephone, e-mail, chat or online.
The Senior Manager is a position which will be accountable for the direction and day-to-day operations of the VxRail Enterprise Support team. The role while extremely customer focused also requires effective management of all customer escalations. On top of the tactical operations the person will form part of the EMEA Leadership team and assist in developing the EMEA VxRail Support strategy and direction.
- Responsible for managing senior technical support teams across sites through cross-functional and regional partnerships
- Enable the business to scale while improving key performance indicators impacting their efficiencies and improving overall customer experience
- Researches, recommends and implements support technology and process improvements to reduce overall costs & increase low effort for our customers
- Directs the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group
- Oversees real-time management, staffing level requirements, forecasting and workplace scheduling
- Resolves operational issues and oversees Customer Escalations
- Monitors daily progress/status and makes adjustments/corrections to ensure optimal performance and service
- 6+ years of people management experience, or informal team leadership in a technical support environment or the equivalent related technical experience.
- Education equivalent to a 4 year college or university education with an emphasis in computer science, engineering, business administration or a related field.
- Proven ability to tailor written and verbal escalation updates to both technical and non-technical internal teams and to our customers
- Possess a strong people orientation with the ability to listen, work and resolve issues to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Strong performance ethos and personal commitment for outstanding customer service.
- Functional technical knowledge of Converged/Hyperconverged systems
- Proven aptitude to leverage data to make informed business decisions
- Project management experience a plus
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Closing date: 31st of August 2018
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.