Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Enterprise Technical Support Agent on our Dell Global Support and Deploymentteam in Cherrywood, Dublin
We go out of our way to give our customers the help they need. Our Enterprise Technical Support team specializes in our most highly technical and sophisticated products – from IT hardware and software to servers, networking, storage and the cloud. Issues can span installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance and usage. Fully trained on the latest upgrades or new products, the team can diagnose the problem and recommend the right solution remotely by telephone, e-mail, chat or online.
Dell Services develops and delivers solutions that enable clients to maximise returns on IT investments, drive efficiencies and reduce costs. Working with highly skilled technical advisors you will
- Identify issues, investigate root causes and recommend solutions to enterprise problems – applying diagnostic techniques as necessary and keeping the customer informed throughout
- Perform case management functions to keep cases up to date and accurate
- Identify, research and input unique or recurring customer problems
- Provide timely responses to customer escalations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of server and storage hardware
- Knowledge of networking (including WAN topology; mixed LAN and WAN operating system environments; DNS, WINS and DHCP; firewall solutions and network load balancing) and current Server Operating systems (such as Windows, Linux or UNIX)
- Strong customer focus and communication skills.
- Severity 1 & Exec escalation management a must.
- Level 2 capable.
- Relevant industry certifications (such as A+, CCNA or VMWare)
- Second European language
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you want to be at the leading edge of technically challenging customer support, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 10th August 2018
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.