Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Order Fulfilment Planner on our GEM team in Ovens, Co. Cork.
At Dell, ground-breaking products are built to the highest design and quality standards. Our Manufacturing Teams make sure of it. When it’s time for new products to enter our advanced manufacturing environment, they’re the ones who make sure production is a success while minimizing costs. They plan, introduce and manage manufacturing methods, processes and operations. And while carrying out a host of technical and engineering-related duties, they never stop looking for ways to improve the way we manufacture products that customers around the world know and love.
Responsible for the coordination of all sales order efforts between manufacturing, sales operations, global revenue operations and channel partner management. Responsible for the monitoring of sales order commits dates to ensure agreed Manufacturing Lead times are met.
- Interface with Business Operations to manage expedited orders and escalations relations with customers
- Expert in all aspects of the primary discipline and capable in secondary discipline
- Proficient in processing non-standard shipment of products
- Supports other team members through regular on the job training
- Provides resolutions to a diverse range of complex supply chain and manufacturing problems, applying policies, procedures and practical application of the general and specific technical aspects of the job
- Applies extensive knowledge and skills to complete specialized tasks. Comprehensive understanding of general and technical aspects of the job
- Provides resolutions to a diverse range of complex supply chain and manufacturing problems
- Has a deep understanding of the IT tools and systems used to manage backlog, bookings, shipments and all necessary reporting requirements
- Will be engaged to support end user testing and system enhancements
- Provides guidance/direction to production cells regarding sales order priority, engineering change orders (ECOs), technical change orders (TCOs), product ship authorization (PSAs) and quality issues
- Works under very limited supervision. Can work with limited direction on new assignments
- Customer focused.
- Understanding of business environment.
- Inactive: Ability to multi-task.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions.
- Strong computer skills.
- Sense of urgency.
- 3rd Level College experience in associated field
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- 3+ years’ experience in the relevant field
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.