HR Shared Services provides On-boarding, Employee Life-Cycle, Off-boarding, Benefits, Payroll, administrative support and HR systems support to Citi employees. In partnership with HR, HRSS strives to provide excellent customer service through its product offering to employees and managers whilst focusing on process re-engineering and initiatives to enhance the Shared Services model in Citi.
The Senior Service Delivery Manager’s primary role is to manage the day-to-day operations and projects of the Service Delivery team(s) (payroll, benefits, employee lifecycle and projects) and to continuously improve the customer and HR partner experience. The role reports to the EMEA Service Delivery Head. The Senior Service Delivery Manager leads multiple operation teams and strategic projects depending on business and country development needs.
- Accountable for performance of the Service Delivery team(s) in meeting all operational metrics for HR Admin and Payroll functions – accuracy, timeliness, customer and HR partner satisfaction and net promoter score (NPS).
- Accountable for achieving three key priorities: 1) Financials, 2) Controls and 3) Customer and HR partner satisfaction.
- Responsible for delivery of HRSS scope of services including oversight of all payroll and HR administration functions to ensure compliance with established financial, legal and administrative requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate controls are in place and processes and product information are maintained in an audit ready state at all times to meet compliance and corporate governance standards.
- Accountable for Payroll and other vendor management, identifying and resolving issues, holding regular meetings in a timely manner and ensuring all compliance requirements are met.
- Responsible for managing Senior Business Management, CHRO, HRPS Hub and Finance stakeholder relationships and expectations.
- Conduct monthly CHRO / HRPS Hub management and HRSS Services Review meetings and regular meetings with HR.
- Communicate and manage team performance expectations, reinforcing goals, providing coaching and feedback on performance to HRSS regional standards.
- Lead team in daily huddles, discuss and continuously improving on key operational metrics.
- Accountable for maintaining resourcing levels, quickly filling vacancies and multi skilling team members to eliminate single person dependencies and risks associated with a multi-function small team.
- Proactively identifies and resolves issues using the global incident reporting process with appropriate escalation to the EMEA Head of Service Delivery and communicating with stakeholders until closure.
- Provides appropriate recognition and rewards to team members and partners throughout the year.
- Proactively leads team to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to improve accuracy, and strengthen controls to achieve annual productivity goals.
- Accountable for leading the team to regularly monitor customer and HR partner satisfaction / NPS feedback and Business Performance Metrics and take actions to improve the customer and partner experience.
- Research and analyse business requirements to develop logical solutions and establish best practice procedures.
- Accountable for change management activities.
- Manage projects in compliance with Global Project Management methodology to ensure project go-live within agreed scope, time and budget.
- Conduct due diligence, prepare gap analysis and coordinate the change management efforts through planning and coordinating trainings and stakeholder communication.
- Manage stakeholders efficiently during the whole project; critical tasks include kick-off meeting, regular status reporting, presentation of analysis and risk/issue management.
- Work closely with the Operations teams to identify process improvement opportunities and continuously promote lean and reengineering culture within the organization.
- Develop required project documentation and ensure legal and compliance clearances are in place.
- EMEA Service Delivery Head
- Regional Payroll Head
- HR Generalists
- Country Compliance
- Degree or postgraduate degree qualification. HR or Accounting/Payroll degree qualifications preferred.
- Experience working in an HR operational / Payroll / Shared Services environment preferred (extensive years preferred).
- Advanced knowledge of HR and payroll systems (including PeopleSoft v9.1 and ADP Pay force) preferred
- Experience in a supervisory and people management role.
- Demonstrated excellence in team leadership and customer centric operational management.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent English communication skills including written, verbal interpersonal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated success in identifying and resolving issues, with appropriate escalation
- Proven change management and project management experience
- MS Office Suite skills (Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Demonstrated multi-tasking ability, effective time management, documentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, under pressure with constant payroll deadlines and 100% accuracy of payroll.
- Ability to plan and manage own time
- Ability to handle high volume of work and lead and adapt to change
- Ability to rapidly learn technical and business techniques and knowledge
Any individual joining or working within HRSS at Citi will also be expected to be an exemplar of the following Operating Principles and will be assessed and asked to demonstrate evidence against these principles where applicable during the selection process:
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect
- Create an environment where talent thrives
- Act with urgency, courage and conviction
- Inspire excellence - be the standard
- Be accountable - own the outcome
- Reward results - promote meritocracy
- Act with integrity - do what is right
- Leadership – it begins with you
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add values to decisions or actions and organisational success.