Citi has had a presence in Ireland since 1965 and was one of the first foreign banks to open an office in Dublin. As the No.1 Corporate and Investment bank in Ireland, Citi led all of the major financing for aviation leasing clients in 2016 in Ireland, which is a global aviation leasing hub.
Citibank Europe has been Head Quartered in Dublin since January 2016 and is Citi’s single EU-passported bank, with operations in 21 countries across the EMEA region and is regulated by the European Central Bank with a long-term rating “A” by all three primary Rating Agencies. The businesses covered by Citibank Europe include Markets and Securities Services, Corporate Banking, Trade and Treasury Solutions, Private Banking and Consumer. As of 2016, Citibank Europe has a net income of US$852 million, over 9,000 employees and more than 60% of these working in the Citi Service Centres.
Citi employs over 2300 people in Dublin. Due to the variety of the products and businesses in Ireland we can truly offer candidates a world of opportunities and encourage internal mobility and learning and development.
Here, we are fuelled by technology. Technology that processes 380,000 equity orders, 1.6 million capital market trades and $3 trillion in cash and securities every day. Technology that enables us to work across time zones and the cultural, physical and linguistic borders that separate the 160 countries we work in.
Citi Dublin is one of Citi’s Core Software engineering sites, developing scalable solutions to support Citi’s global network. We are challenged by the most demanding clients in the world to constantly improve and innovate our global financial software solutions. Our systems are nothing without exceptional people to run them – and here, we invest heavily in both. You can be part of one of the strongest IT teams in the industry.
Team/ Position Overview:
The Chief Technology Office (CTO) is responsible for the firm’s overall Information Technology strategy. Our mission is to optimize our IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership and create a competitive advantage for Citi.
The candidate will be part of the newly created CTO Brand Center Team (currently 8 global team members including the Head of the CTO Brand Center) responsible for establishing consistency and providing governance and ongoing strategic counsel on any internal and external communications needs for all CTO’s business lines.
- The candidate will primarily support the CTO Brand Center Lead and core communications team in a client engagement role, and will help to develop a stronger and more consistent set of communications tools, guidelines and vehicles for CTO
- The candidate will work in close partnership with smaller CTO business lines communications teams to oversee, guide, solicit and help develop individual marketing strategies aimed to increase transparency, information sharing essentially elevate CTO’s brand
- The candidate will be required to assist in any day-to-day operations of our Communications Function if required.
Experience and Skills:
- Extensive years of previous communications experience preferred
- Strong Marketing skills and experience developing marketing campaigns utilizing all accessible communications vehicles within Citi
- Excellent interpersonal and influence skills, experience interacting with all levels of organization
- Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to develop and execute communication plans at all levels of the organization and ability to translate technical language and complexities to bring the messages to wider audience
- Experience with developing, publishing and maintaining content for various communication channels that include presentations, town-halls, email, collaboration tools and blogs, and newsletters
- Excellent PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft products suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Working knowledge of web and graphics tools (Photoshop, SharePoint, Citi Collaborate, HTML) preferred but not necessary
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, customer focused, delivery-oriented person with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
What we Offer
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- Competitive paid annual leave
- A non-contributory pension scheme with strong employer contributions
- Life assurance cover
- Citi fully covers medical insurance for all employees with generous day to day benefits as well as hospital cover
- Citi also supports a further education policy
- Wellness program - on site Occupational Health Centre plus a series of informative talks on topical health related subjects
- Tax Saver and Bike to Work Schemes
- Opportunity to work in a flexible environment where the business can support
At Citi, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including an on-site restaurant, coffee dock and shop, a subsidised gym and subsidised social clubs and societies.
Citi boasts a large diversity framework and network which encourages inclusion in the workforce as well as participation in a wide variety of initiatives and events. We also pride ourselves on our engagement with the local community from a Corporate Social Responsibility perspective.
Citi offers employees a competitive benefits package as well as extra additional perks such as corporate discounts and memberships.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.