Citi has had a presence in Ireland since 1965 and was one of the first foreign banks to open an office here. As the No.1 Corporate and Investment bank in Ireland, Citi led all of the major financing for aviation leasing clients in 2016 in Ireland, which is a global aviation leasing hub. Citibank Europe has been Head Quartered in Dublin since January 2016 and is Citi’s single EU-pass ported bank, with operations in 21 countries across the EMEA region and is regulated by the European Central Bank with a long-term rating “A” by all three primary Rating Agencies. The businesses covered by Citibank Europe include Markets and Securities Services, Corporate Banking, Trade and Treasury Solutions, Private Banking and Consumer. As of 2016, Citibank Europe has a net income of US$852 million, over 9,000 employees and more than 60% of these working in the Citi Service Centres.
Citibank provides Middle Office services to a number of international clients utilizing its global presence and innovative technology platform. The Middle office department provides a comprehensive service designed to assist our clients’ fund managers in managing the fund’s investments. The key pillars of this service include trade lifecycle management, customized reporting, data provision and a real time day to day operational support network.
The Position is part of the OTC Middle Office team; based in Dublin, part of the Global Funds Services business. Participate in the expansion of OTC Middle Office Services which includes management of the daily middle office operations tasks such as OTC trade capture, confirmation settlement services in an effective, timely and accurate manner. In addition to the day-to-day provision of services to fund managers, the group is also responsible for developing, implementing, and testing the necessary trade platforms to support the evolving needs of fund managers’ middle office.
The identified candidate will have the following opportunities:
- To gain an insight into the workings of a dynamic and growing operational unit and will be exposed to some of Citi’s top tier institutional clients.
- To gain experience in working on a wide range of OTC products through the full trade lifecycle.
- Development and oversight of offshore staff to meet key client deliverables.
- Ability to implement new processes and technology to support new business initiatives, improve control and increase operating efficiency.
The core responsibility is to complete the daily middle office operations tasks in an effective, timely and accurate manner:
- Ensure trades load into our middle office platform from client’s front-office system
- Confirm transactions details with counterparties.
- Report and resolve identified breaks and settlement issues as they arise.
- Agree Trade Fees and coupons/cashflows on the trade population with Counterparties by settlement date.
- Ensure effective handoff of data and reconciliations to Fund Administration team and other parties as required
- Process and record on behalf of our client the transaction life cycle events and report to our client all such events and each transaction's status.
- Work directly with the Middle Office Change team on new fund implementations, change requests and projects.
Experience and Skills:
The identified candidate must have strong communication skills both with the client and with internal teams in Citi.
- Knowledge of trade routing, portfolio management and reconciliation processes. Previous experience with Calypso or a portfolio management system a plus.
- Extensive years experience in Finance / Alternative Investments / OTC background
- Experience in client delivery and operations required – The ability to handle a demanding role and provide a consistently high level of service to the clients.
- Understanding of a wide range of other Derivatives instruments types (Equities, Fixed Interest, Credit default Swaps, Interest Rate Swaps, Asset Swaps, etc.) is an advantage.
- Oversight experience with offshore teams
- Strong interpersonal as well as oral and written communication skills are required.
- Computer Skills: An intermediate knowledge of Excel/Word is essential.
What we Offer:
The opportunity to work in a high performing team with platinum clients. The role will involve working with teams globally including Dublin, Edinburgh and India. Opportunity to learn about the changing regulatory environment introduces changes and make process efficiencies. Develop and demonstrate ability to work under pressure in a high growth environment, implement high quality processes with strong focus on improving process.
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- Competitive paid annual leave
- A non-contributory pension scheme with strong employer contributions
- Life assurance cover
- Citi fully covers medical insurance for all employees with generous day to day benefits as well as hospital cover
- Citi also supports a further education policy
- Wellness program - on site Occupational Health Centre plus a series of informative talks on topical health related subjects
- Tax Saver and Bike to Work Schemes
- Opportunity to work in a flexible environment where the business can support
At Citi, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including an on-site restaurant, coffee dock and shop, a subsidised gym and subsidised social clubs and societies.
Citi boasts a large diversity framework and network which encourages inclusion in the workforce as well as participation in a wide variety of initiatives and events. We also pride ourselves on our engagement with the local community from a Corporate Social Responsibility perspective.
Citi offers employees a competitive benefits package as well as extra additional perks such as corporate discounts and memberships.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.