The Treasury and Trade Solutions Compliance Officer will focus on both the Cash and Trade aspects of the TTS business and will be responsible for ensuring that compliance controls, including policies, procedures and processes, remain relevant and robust in the context of an evolving regulatory landscape across the EMEA region.
Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) offers integrated cash management and trade services to multinational corporations, financial institutions and public sector clients around the world. TTS ICRM proactively identifies, assesses, reports and mitigates compliance and reputational risks across TTS business lines, products, legal entities and jurisdictions to the benefit of our franchise, customers and employees. ICRM sets standards, and uses an enterprise-wide compliance risk management approach in partnership with the business and other Global Functions to drive a strong culture of compliance and control, and support the principles of Responsible Finance. ICRM is committed to providing sound, independent advice and excellence in execution.
- Providing advice to the TTS business on regulation, policies and standards with a particular focus on ensuring that control solutions are risk-focussed, practical and adequate to meet specific requirements and manage compliance risk;
- Working closely with the TTS business to ensure that the compliance coverage and monitoring models are responsive to compliance risk management needs, in line with business strategy;
- Advising and challenging the TTS business on the compliance risks associated with new or changed product and solution proposals;
- Assisting in the development of policies and procedures that set internal standards for compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, paying particularly attention to jurisdictional differences;
- Analysing regulatory change potentially impacting the TTS business and supporting the TTS business, in collaboration with other support functions, with respect to its implementation and their management of regulatory requirements;
- Preparing and delivering training and awareness communications to the business covering compliance risk-related topics and the associated controls;
- Participating in global and regional business governance meetings in order to communicate compliance risks, ket trends and to provide effective management information to the relevant stakeholders;
- Thinking strategically about prioritisation in order to effectively manage the demands of multiple stakeholders.
The role involves ongoing interactions and relationship-building with senior leaders from TTS and functions across EMEA. There is potential for the role to encompass some people-management responsibility as it develops.
Experience and Competencies:
- Strong financial services industry experience, with a substantial background in Compliance, Legal or a risk-management function;
- International experience beneficial;
- Knowledge of current developments in the area of technological innovation in the financial services industry;
- Good understanding of the regulatory environment in the financial services industry;
- Strong experience of stakeholder management and negotiation at the senior echelons of a complex institution;
- Ability to work on own initiative and push projects forward;
- Strong time-management skills with a track record of meeting deadlines;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including drafting abilities;
- Demonstrable ability to influence peers and senior management;
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills;
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail;
- Ability to work simultaneously across multiple conflicting priorities, timelines and stakeholders;
- Strategic and goal-oriented focus
- Unwavering commitment to co-operative and collaborative working.
- Bachelor’s degree-level education, although exceptional candidates who do not meet the criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience;
- Professional legal or compliance qualifications will be deemed advantageous
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.