Circle is on a mission to make it possible for everyone, everywhere to create and share value. We're building a new kind of consumer finance using open internet standards and protocols, including blockchain technology, to build our products.
We've already made sending money around the world free and as easy as sending a text with Circle Pay. With Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto currencies and offer OTC trading services. Now, we're expanding our offerings by building a cryptocurrency investment product (https://invest.circle.com) to enable anyone to buy and sell Bitcoin, Ethereum and other crypto assets.
What does that mean for the global economy? It's more open. More inclusive. And more empowering.
As a senior member of the platform organization you'll coach engineers responsible for crypto-currency and fiat payment systems, trading infrastructure and a range of back-office applications
What you'll work on
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity and quality
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Circle's recruiting team
- Partner with product managers to ensure the platform teams' contributions align with product release schedules
- Help engineers grow in their own career paths, learning new technologies and taking on increasingly challenging projects
What you'll bring to Circle
- Experience coaching new managers in building productive engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, able to listen to and share ideas, effectively present concepts and work with remote teams
- Technical Depth. You are deeply technical, and leverage your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar
- Experience with designing, building and deploying secure, scalable services in the cloud
- Results-oriented focus, encouraging managers to set and track goals for themselves and their teams
- Able to coordinate the development of cross-team features between engineering teams, product managers and our technical operations team
- Champion best practices and seek improvements to our agile processes
- An interest in making an impact to the way money moves between people globally
Nice to have
- Experience with REST APIs and SQL Databases
- Experience with payment gateways or real-time trading systems
- Interest in crypto-currency and blockchain technology
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.