Want to be part of a growing, dynamic Tech space? Are you seeking a challenging role where you can develop your skills? Our Dublin office currently has a great opportunity for a dedicated, talented Scala Developer to join our GMOT Securities area.
If you are committed to change and like a challenge, then Global Markets Operations Technology (GMOT) is the place for you. We are in the process of moving from traditional application aligned software delivery methods to highly agile multi-functional and component teams. This is one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organisation like ours.
The strategic system is being constructed primarily in Scala (Front end in REACT) and there is a strategic dedication to migrate our classic applications to the new strategic architecture. We follow Agile management, Agile, Scrum and Kanban delivery methodologies, with a focus on ATDD/BDD & TDD.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- You will be a senior figure within the department, working within an Agile team, writing requirements and specification (e.g. automated tests), developing relationships across the technology and user communities. In addition making sure we are always focusing on delivery of value using extraordinary quality
- You are responsible for supporting modern agile software development methods; including educating & mentoring less experienced OOP team members
- You will be a teaching, team member – setting high expectations for Test Driven Development, Automated Acceptance Testing, Continuous Integration and more
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Work with end users to break down requirements into manageable parts for a sprint (user stories / feature files)
- A background in modern OO language ideally with experience in Scala
- Experienced in using design patterns and following the best software engineering practices
- A history of consistent experience in successful application development in multiple technologies
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills to support and craft the platform and clearly articulate technical designs and concepts
- Relationship building skills
- An understanding of modern architectures and modelling practices
- A standout colleague with excellent interpersonal skills, e.g. Believe in pair programming, collaborative working skills
- Experience in Specification by Example / ATDD / BDD
- Understands Test Driven Development practices including continual integration
- Experience of Scrum/ Agile methods
- Follows clean code principles
- Technology - Application Development - Develops user-friendly programs that serve as an intermediary between the user and the raw data allowing the user to produce forms, queries and/or reports
- Technology - Software Development - Produces and builds computer software that meets the specific needs of a client/business, or potential users or for personal use
- Technology - Testing - Tests new products and technology to ensure functionality/product meets intended need
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you‘re interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment