Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will support the strategic planning process, annual budgeting and forecasting process and monthly performance reviews. Your role will be an extension of the local country’s Financial Planning and Analysis team. In this role, you will interact with the EMEA FP&A Centre of Excellence (CoE) leadership team as well as in-country finance and business partners within the EMEA region. Along with this you will also contribute to high value-added business analytics as well as drive development of senior management presentations for this dynamic and growing region.
Liaise with the FP&A Global Delivery Centre (GDC) and other cross-functional leads to support the creation of budgets, forecasts and management reports, while ensuring compliance with all quality/control requirements.
- Ensure quality, accuracy and timeliness of the monthly reports, balance sheet reviews, forecasts and the annual budget/strategic plan preparation.
- Deliver a comprehensive monthly reporting package for management, including monthly reviews of budget vs. actual results and variances with the P&L/cost centre owners.
- Perform any necessary resource allocation to ensure effective ROI.
- Coordinate identification and escalation of issues and advise Finance leadership of potential business/operational risks.
- Perform strategic ad hoc reporting and financial analysis to assess business performance and facilitate decision making.
- Support initiatives aimed at process improvement, policy development and/or strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or part qualified ACCA/CIMA.
- Extensive and proven experience of key financial competencies and qualifications. Including relevant experience with financial planning and reporting.
- Strong technical and financial knowledge, including understanding of internal control requirements and accounting principles.
- Strong methodical and analytical skills relating to accounting, financial analysis and reporting.
- Proven financial modelling skills preferred, experience in statistical modelling techniques a plus.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards, Hyperion Planning and Cognos preferred.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Fluent in Russian
- English: Native of bilingual proficiency required.
- Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Global Finance - Western Europe Support