Amazon’s network is a key differentiator for Amazon Cloud Computing and Web Services (AWS), enabling the global operation of thousands of applications across hundreds of thousands of servers worldwide. The AWS Networking team develops and operates the network platform for all of Amazon including e-commerce products and cloud computing solutions. This platform is industry-leading for its efficiency, performance, reliability and scale and it is critical to the success of all AWS customers.
AWS Networking is looking for a Sr. Manager of Network Performance. This leader will own measuring and improving the performance of our hyperscale data center networks. They will develop metrics and performance benchmarking systems to deeply understand the performance of the network and develop and deliver innovative solutions that drive ever greater experiences for our customers.
The successful candidate will have deep expertise with network transport protocol design and network hardware forwarding design. Functional knowledge of data analysis tools, standard deviation fundamentals and graphical data presentation models to highlight wins and misses will be integral to this role.
This role is a tremendous opportunity to invent and deliver game changing network solutions that directly benefit millions of customers.
Our engineers, managers and leaders are innovators and builders at heart; come join us and become integral to the technology company that is the past, present and future of Cloud Computing.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or relevant degree/experience
- Proven ability to build and operate software or network systems at scale.
- Global leadership experience with the ability to drive measured improvements across process, systems and software.
- Deep domain expertise with respect to distributed software systems, network transport protocols and network forwarding hardware.
- In-depth knowledge of software and network design practices.
- In-depth knowledge and experience developing operating metrics and working with large data sets.
- Depth of experience attracting and developing industry leading talent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Substantial background building and operating large-scale networks.
- 2+ years experience managing managers.